Forge world Metalica is the furnace heart of war production in the Charadon Sector.
Upon the orders of Abaddon the Despoiler, Typhus leads a vast invasion into the Charadon heartlands, seeking to besiege Metalica and infect it with Nurgle's plagues. Beneath his foetid banner fight not only the forces of the Death Guard, but also warbands from the Black Legion, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, and countless others. Alongside them come twisted Chaos Knights, endless tides of mutants, cultists, daemons, and even the towering abominations of the Legio Morbidus.
Yet against this invading horde stands an Imperial alliance between the armies of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the Adeptus Astartes, the Astra Militarum, and many more. Fighting to dominate the systems of the Lirac and Obolis Sub-sectors, these mighty forces unleash their deadliest weapons in a war that threatens to annihilate the very worlds over which they fight.
Inside this 96-page hardback book, you'll find:
- Riveting background that reveals the sheer magnitude of the threat descending upon the Charadon Sector. The thrilling narrative details the opening gambits and developing war fronts that will push the Imperial defenders to their limits and beyond.
- An in-depth campaign system you can use to join the war for the Obolis and Lirac Sub-sectors on the side of the Imperial defenders, Chaos invaders, or anarchic xenos raiders.
- A wealth of Crusade campaign content, including unique relics and advancements for your units to reflect your Crusade force's participation in this sprawling war.
- Rules and matched play content including Armies of Renown – exciting themed forces that provide a whole new way of mustering a Warhammer 40,000 collection – and codex supplements for the Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Knights, and Drukhari.
- Additional content, including all new Legendary Missions, which enable you to refight iconic missions that are key to the narrative of the story.
This hardback book also comes with a black 1/4" ribbon marker.
You will need a copy of the Warhammer 40,000 Core Book to use the contents of this book.